Group Photography & Videography ManagerSalary:
Circa £25k pro-rata per annumDuration:
6 month internship role (potential to go permanent)Location:
Hemel Hempstead (with some travel into London, and around the UK - including at least 2 days a month in Crewe office for the brand Ryman)Hours:
37.5 hrs/week (some out of hours work will be required for live events and projects)Starting date:
ASAPAre you a photography/videography/visual media graduate, or someone with a passion for creating fantastic photos, VTs and animations? Then this could be the opportunity for you. Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic intern/assistant to join our in-house Media Production Studio team for an initial 6-month internship. This role focuses on Theo Paphitis Retail Group activities, including filming and photography with TV dragon Theo Paphitis, high street stationery brand, Ryman and iconic arts brand, London Graphic Centre.
Candidates should have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, bring creative ideas to any job and be able to work independently as well as part of a team. This role is perfect for someone looking for a first role in this area, with skills and enthusiasm to add to the team.
Candidates will ideally have experience with Videography/Photography using DSLR’s ability to set-up lighting and audio equipment in the studio and on location.What will you be doing?
Key attributes of the candidate
- Supporting the Photography/Videography Manager in organising and delivering multiple projects throughout the year; including product photography, content for social media, animating video content, filming at internal conferences, supplier exhibitions, small business events, art prizes, charity fundraising events, parties, awards and even possible international trips!
- Attending and photographing/videoing colleague events, and editing afterwards.
- Coordinating any logistics relating to filming and photography, ensuring the right product is in the right place at the right time.
- Helping the Media Manager to deliver excellent quality content on a rolling basis.
- Effectively managing the calendar of activity and dealing with multiple departments and requests.
- Learning on the job in an interesting, fun and varied role. Due to the diverse nature of our businesses, no day is the same!
Who are we?
- Photography/Video/Media Studies Qualification
- Evidence of work you have created
- Ability to operate DSLR’s Cameras & Lenses
- Understanding of Video & Photography Lighting & Audio Equipment
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite software to include:
- Adobe Premier Pro
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe After Effects
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Quick learner - ability to show initiative and confident in making decisions
- Creative - we’d love to hear your ideas!
- Good communication skills
- Confident in liaising with a variety of departments around the business, as well as external suppliers and stakeholders
- Resilient and able to stay calm in a fast-paced, high pressure and multi-tasking environment
- Have a great positive energy, lots of enthusiasm, and enjoy working as part of a team
- Photo, Video & motion graphics editing experience for marketing PR & social media content
- Ability to travel between our studio, offices, warehouses and stores when required.
The Theo Paphitis Retail Group (TPRG) is passionate about retail and comprises of four fantastic and varied brands; Ryman, Robert Dyas, Boux Avenue and London Graphic Centre. TPRG is a private group of businesses owned by its Chairman, Theo Paphitis, one of the UK's most high profile business leaders and entrepreneurs.
Events are a key part of our business and cover many areas; from conferences, supplier exhibitions and charity fundraising events, to celebrating retail milestones, such as Robert Dyas’ 150th anniversary this year!
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of our Events Team and learn on the job about how a great event comes together!