Robert Dyas has a long and fascinating history spanning over 140 years. It was bought in July 2012 by former Dragon’s Den investor Theo Paphitis, owner of the Theo Paphitis Retail Group, which comprises Ryman, Robert Dyas, Boux Avenue and the London Graphic Centre.
The 92 stores and Robert Dyas website are supported by a Retail Support Centre in Wimbledon, the Distribution Centre in Hemel Hempstead and the Customer Support Centre in Crewe.
We are a people oriented Company which thrives on supporting its colleagues by providing them with the knowledge, tools, policies and procedures they need to excel in their role. We are committed to providing our colleagues with development opportunities, job satisfaction and of course some fun whilst working!Key Responsibilities
- Primarily focused and responsible for Stores and Distribution Centre
- Key focus will be on ER case management
- Working closely with the HRM and HR Assistants - ensuring they are kept appropriately informed in a timely manner
- Coach and guide managers on day to day ER issues, such as absence management, performance management, flexible working, welfare/wellbeing meetings, AWOL, disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Manage / review Occupational Health referrals
- Working with the HRM to review / reset procedures and documentation including policy, letters, reports etc.
- Retail or similar experience preferable
- Previous experience at a similar level
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Employment Law
- Experience of managing end-to-end case management including sensitive and complex cases
- Employment Law / CIPD qualification (or working towards) would be preferable
- Experienced at handling sensitive data in line with GDPR requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate practical, pragmatic approach applied in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deal positively with people in difficult situations
- Risk aware - ability to work within the legal framework whilst balancing the reputational and operational needs of the business and our colleagues wellbeing.
- Appreciation and understanding of when to escalate concerns and seek further guidance.
- Good working knowledge of employment law and its practical application
- Ability to coach and guide managers on day to day ER issues, such as absence management, performance management, flexible working, welfare/wellbeing meetings, AWOL, disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good attention to detail
- 26 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Generous colleague discount in all Theo Paphitis retail businesses: Robert Dyas, Ryman, Boux Avenue and London Graphic Centre
- Regular sample sales
- Bonus incentives, allowing you to share in the company's success
- A pension scheme and free life assurance (after qualifying period)
- Flexible/hybrid working - office base is Wimbledon
- Investment in learning and development
- Regular social events
- Colleagues wellbeing and mental health programme