Are you an events graduate, or someone with a passion for bringing fantastic events to life? Then this could be the role for you. Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a creative, fun and enthusiastic intern to join our Events Team for an initial 6-month internship. They should have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, excellent problem solving skills with an ability to work independently as well as part of a team. This role is perfect for someone who is keen to learn about organising a variety of events, from conferences and suppliers exhibitions, to parties and charity events.What will you be doing?
Key attributes of the candidate
- Supporting the Events Planner in organising and delivering multiple projects and events per year; including conferences, supplier exhibitions, small business events, art prizes, charity fundraising events, parties, awards and even possible international trips!
- Supporting internal functions, such as Christmas parties and BBQs on the terrace in the Wimbledon office for colleagues.
- Working with the Events Planner on researching and sourcing venues, hotels and creative elements for events.
- Coordinating any logistics relating to events; including marketing materials, travel, deliveries, schedules and health & safety.
- Helping the Events Planner to deliver excellent events on time and on budget.
- Creating booking forms for events to ensure the correct data and information is collected and planned for.
- Creating post-event feedback forms to be shared with delegates, suppliers and key stakeholders to ensure we gather the relevant data following events.
- Effectively managing the Events inbox.
- Helping to create marketing and communication materials.
- Liaising with departments all around the business, as well as external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Working with production companies on key annual events.
- Learning on the job in an interesting, fun and varied role. Due to the diverse nature of all our brands, no day is the same!
Nice to haves (but not essential)
- Good attention to detail
- Quick learner, shows initiative and is confident in making decisions
- Creative - we’d love to hear your ideas!
- Good communication and literacy skills
- Confident in liaising with a variety of departments around the business, as well as external suppliers and stakeholders
- Resilient and able to stay calm in a fast-paced, high pressure and multi-tasking environment
- Have a great positive energy, lots of enthusiasm, and enjoy working as part of a team
Who are we?
- An Events qualification
- Knowledge of G-Suite, Microsoft Office, MailChimp and Photoshop
The Theo Paphitis Retail Group (TPRG) is passionate about retail and comprises of four fantastic and varied brands; Ryman, Robert Dyas, Boux Avenue and London Graphic Centre. TPRG is a private group of businesses owned by its Chairman, Theo Paphitis, one of the UK's most high profile business leaders and entrepreneurs.
Events are a key part of our business and cover many areas; from conferences, supplier exhibitions and charity fundraising events, to celebrating retail milestones, such as Robert Dyas’ 150th anniversary this year!
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of our Events Team and learn on the job about how a great event comes together!