As our Local Marketing Manager, you’ll sit within the Robert Dyas Retail Marketing Team. This talented team develops, manages, implements and evolves central and local campaigns. Your role is to be the champion of our shops from a regional or specific store level, by implementing local campaigns and activations across our various store categories: prestige city, prestige high street, value, centre, and our fabulous joint stores with our sister company, Ryman.
Driving footfall is key, so we’ll need you to develop engaging messaging to target local audiences, building campaigns and toolkits to drive as many shoppers as possible into stores. While doing this, you’ll put in place ways to manage these activities in order to monitor KPI and ROI.
Both offline and digital tactics are a much-needed part of this job, as is supporting hyper-local opportunities. While making these opportunities a success, you can share your knowledge on best practice with other stores and categories to help spread the success you’ve brought about.
- Building insights and relationships
Commercial and consumer insights will play a key part of this important role. This business has 4 District Managers who report to an Operational Manager who is responsible for 92 stores. The overall relationship with these managers will be key to developing into this role.
Our friendly Marketing team is led by our Head of Marketing, under whom is our Retail Marketing Manager, who you will report to. The team is supported by two Marketing Executives. Also in the team is a Brand and PR Manager, a Social Media and Brand Executive, Copywriter and Content Executive and in-house studio - all headed up by a Marketing Director.
What we would like to see in You
To apply for this role you’ll need a savvy commercial head, a love of retail and some solid planning and organisational experience under your belt. An expert at campaign management, you’ll be right at home developing, analysing and executing multi-channel campaigns from start to finish, while really honing in on local marketing opportunities - all within a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- 5+ years professional marketing experience in a retail environment executing marketing campaigns - either client or agency side.
- You’re experienced at planning, organising, prioritising and building simultaneous projects at once, utilising many offline and digital channels.
- You have experience of developing bespoke campaigns, from messaging through to creative execution.
- You have extensive knowledge across multiple channels and be confident in creating channel plans to deliver against campaign objectives.
- You're both analytical and commercial and you enjoy interpreting data to develop an insight/consumer-led marketing strategy. You can then translate this into strategic and creative campaigns.
- You can optimise and evaluate campaigns, whilst providing future recommendations and developing 'test and learn’ strategies.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can manage multiple cross-departmental stakeholders, communicating at all levels.
- You have a self-starter attitude and you're able to deliver in a fast-paced retail environment. You’ll understand the high street and love to shop.
- You have a track record of making things happen - quickly and efficiently with a can-do attitude. You want to be part of a team who roll up their sleeves, divide and conquer, and work collaboratively.
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays
- Eligible to join the stakeholder pension scheme
- Eligible for Life Assurance cover x 1 annual salary
- 3 month probation period with notice period of 1 months on either side
- Company mobile laptop
- Generous colleague discount in all Theo Paphitis retail businesses: Robert Dyas, Ryman, Boux Avenue and London Graphic Centre
- Bonus incentives, allowing you to share in the company’s success
- Investment in learning and development.
- Regular social events
- Ambassadors of staff wellbeing and mental health