Who are we?
Robert Dyas has a long and fascinating history spanning over 140 years. It was bought in July 2012 by former Dragon’s Den investor Theo Paphitis, owner of the Theo Paphitis Retail Group, which comprises Ryman, Robert Dyas, Boux Avenue and the London Graphic Centre.
The 90+ stores and Robert Dyas website are supported by a Retail Support Centre in Wimbledon, the Distribution Centre in Hemel Hempstead and the Customer Support Centre in Crewe.
We are a people oriented Company which thrives on supporting its colleagues by providing them with the knowledge, tools, policies and procedures they need to excel in their role. We are committed to providing our colleagues with development opportunities, job satisfaction and of course some fun whilst working!
We are seeking a Social Media Manager
to join our ever expanding and super talented marketing team.
Are you a social media master, a creative genius, an ambassador for community management?
If you love coming up with creative, shareable content, share your CV with us and see if it keeps us scrolling! You may be our next Social Media Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You’ll be keeping on top of trends and making our social media platforms magnificent. Planning engaging, brand-enhancing content is the aim of the game - content that will drive traffic both online and in-store. You’ll be our go-to guru for all things social, and will use your wealth of experience to create a strategy that will help drive our platforms forward.
WHO YOU ARE
- Develop a social media strategy and KPI’s to increase reach, engagement and sales.
- Manage organic and paid activity across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Developing a content matrix that will both drive the Robert Dyas brand whilst optimising commercial and brand collaboration opportunities with suppliers.
- Grow and manage a multi market network of influencers, designing and implementing a brand ambassador programme.
- Creative ideation and briefing, working closely with in-house photography and design studio to amplify btl/atl campaigns.
- Monitor, track and report performance on social media platforms using channel analytics and GA.
- Community management of all platforms, working alongside our Customer Service department to ensure the correct tone of voice.
- Develop local store marketing initiatives to support our store network at a more granular level.
- Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders and supplier brands to promote product ranges and services.
- Plan and execute a social commerce strategy to drive social sales.
- Use online tools such as Tribe, Cision etc.
- Ensure copy and creative across all content delivers the best possible consumer experience and brand value.
- Manage a social budget, measuring performance and adapting campaigns with tight turnarounds.
- Working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to ensure a consistent approach to brand-identify and contribute to overall marketing planning.
- Keep a close finger on the pulse with channel developments, maintaining an awareness of current trends and strong competitor benchmarking.
TikTok makes you tick. Insta has you hooked. You have a genuine obsession with social media and are brimming with ideas that’ll help make magic happen. You’re passionate and tenacious with a love of retail, work well with colleagues across multiple departments and are results-driven too.
Are there any benefits?
- A guru of all things social media, an ambassador of best practice with a proven track record of growing and engaging communities for brands.
- You harbour a real interest in social media platform changes and news, and are committed to exploring how Robert Dyas might capitalise on each channel.
- You have a passion and understanding of the Robert Dyas brand from a customer’s point of view and have ideas on how we can move the brand forward.
- An advocate for engaging and impactful content being at the core of all marketing campaigns, with a keen eye for brand mischief and disruption.
- You are highly articulate in written and verbal communications, and have a highly organised and efficient approach to work.
- You have a strong strategic and analytical mind, passionate about growing followers, reach and engagement both on and offline.
- You have a self-starter attitude and you're able to deliver in a fast-paced retail environment. You’ll understand the high street and love to shop.
- You have a track record of making things happen. You want to be part of a team who roll up their sleeves, divide and conquer and work collaboratively.
- A familiarity with G-Suite and the programmes within would be advantageous.
- Having a car/UK driving licence would also be advantageous – travel to Hemel Hempstead / Dorking may be required occasionally.
There are lots of reasons to love working for Robert Dyas! Aside from a fantastic team and friendly working environment, there are also these benefits to look forward to:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous colleague discount in all Theo Paphitis retail businesses: Robert Dyas, Ryman, Boux Avenue and London Graphic Centre
- Sample sales
- Bonus incentives, allowing you to share in the company's success
- A pension scheme and free life assurance (after qualifying period)
- Flexible/hybrid working - office base is Wimbledon
- Investment in learning and development
- Regular social events
- Ambassadors of staff wellbeing and mental health