Who are we?
Robert Dyas has a long and fascinating history spanning over 140 years. It was bought in July 2012 by former Dragon’s Den investor Theo Paphitis, owner of the Theo Paphitis Retail Group, which comprises Ryman, Robert Dyas, Boux Avenue and London Graphics Centre.
From the innovative to the everyday, you’ll find everything you need for your home and garden, from cleaning solutions and kitchen essentials to the latest DIY gadgets and gardening must-haves.
The extensive selection of products range from some of the world’s most famous brands through to exciting start-ups. The common factor between them all is that their products share the Robert Dyas ethos for being innovative, practical and designed to last.
The 90+ stores and Robert Dyas website are supported by a Retail Support Centre in Wimbledon, the Distribution Centre in Hemel Hempstead and the Customer Support Centre in Crewe.What does a Store Manager at Robert Dyas do?
What are we looking for?
- Play a key role within the business, leading their team to maximise sales and profits within the store whilst creating an exciting and energetic atmosphere for both colleagues and customers
- Inspire, coach and lead the team to deliver excellent customer service, ensuring our customers come back time and time again
- Ensure the shop floor appearance is kept to high standards and Visual Merchandising is up to date and in line with any guidance received from Head Office
- Recruit, develop and motivate the team using effective management skills and behaviours
- Follow up and maintain all management controls that are in place, at all times, including: stock, security, admin, cost control, H&S and shrinkage
- Drive and deliver Balanced Score Card objectives
- Be responsible for ensuring all procedures and processes are in place and adhered to in order to assure effective operation of the store, maximising its performance
What do we offer you?
- A good track record in a service-driven retail business
- Experienced Assistant Manager or Store Manager
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding retail environment with an enthusiastic, flexible attitude
- Ability to lead and inspire others
- Passionate about retail
- Customer service-focussed and results-driven
- Full-time contract of employment, 39 hours per week
- 26 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Fun working environment with regular social events
- Generous discounts across the brands
- The perfect sized business for you to make an impact and develop your career
- Potential bonus with regular incentives
- Amazing team
- Pension and life assurance
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time. Do keep your eye on our careers website for any suitable roles in the future and apply accordingly.