Robert Dyas has a long and fascinating history spanning over 140 years. It was bought in July 2012 by former Dragon’s Den investor Theo Paphitis, owner of the Theo Paphitis Retail Group, which comprises Ryman, Robert Dyas, Boux Avenue and the London Graphic Centre.
The 90+ stores and Robert Dyas website are supported by a Retail Support Centre in Wimbledon, the Distribution Centre in Hemel Hempstead and the Customer Support Centre in Crewe.
We are a people-oriented Company which thrives on supporting its colleagues by providing them with the knowledge, tools, policies and procedures they need to excel in their role. We are committed to providing our colleagues with development opportunities, job satisfaction and of course some fun whilst working!OVERALL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To deliver a commercially focused HR service to Retail and Head Office operations
- Ensuring all HR processes are followed, while supporting and coaching managers on best practice
- To drive the people and culture at Robert Dyas
- Support the development and delivery of the HR Strategy
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE IN YOU?
- Champion the company’s culture and objectives to ensure they are positively embedded into the business
- Ensure that the wider people strategy is understood and that local plans are aligned with the broader strategy
- Building strong professional relationships with colleagues across all levels of the business
- Coaching and developing line managers to become confident and self-sufficient in first line HR matters
- Supporting line managers with performance improvement and development programmes to deliver a robust succession plan
- Actively identify gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to improve ways or working or negate risk
- Implementing initiatives to develop high employee engagement and good behaviours at Robert Dyas
- Analysing HR key targets and proposing actions for improvements
- Supporting recruitment for critical roles or key talent to ensure roles are filled to the highest standard
- Participates in ad hoc projects as and when required
- Anticipates and plans HR projects efficiently
- Manage employee cases in-line with local legislation
- Support with organisational design including restructures and consultation processes
- Manage all induction and on-boarding of new starters
- Help to identify management development needs and ensure that they are effectively communicated and built into the business’s development plans
- Champion the Groups Apprenticeship initiatives & Graduate schemes to encourage enthusiastic participation in and completion of the programmes
- Keeping up to date with employee legislations, making commercial recommendations when required
- Managing change management activities as required and advise and guide on re-organisations, restructurings, redundancies, and transfers
- Use business results and HR data to monitor key performance indicators; identifying trends and implications for the business and to propose and recommend interventions for improvement.
- Act as the performance improvement driver and provoke positive changes in people management, reinforcing the importance of coaching, continuous and honest feedback and taking self-ownership for personal development.
- Experience of working within a commercially focused multi-site preferably retail or hospitality business
- Excellent technical ER knowledge and up to date knowledge of employment law
- A ‘get it done’ mentality and a passion for driving good outcomes for the business
- Strong influencing and communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to adapt communication style appropriately.
- Passionate and results driven
- Able to demonstrate knowledge in core areas of ER, people development, talent acquisition, talent management, compensation and benefits and employee engagement
- Confidently able to build and maintain relationships
- Proven ability to advise, coach and encourage a team of managers
- An evident level of understanding and knowledge of equality, diversity & inclusion, equal opportunities, GDPR and the need for confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail. Analytical and the ability to effectively disseminate data
- Proactive and able to show initiative with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally
- Commercially savvy with a strong understanding of retail
- CIPD desired yet not essential if relevant experience in the role
- Highly confident, resourceful, and resilient
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays (holiday year 1st April to 31st March)
- Company mobile and laptop.
- Three months’ notice on either side.
- Group discounts (Ryman Limited, Boux Avenue, and London Graphic Centre, Robert Dyas
- Flexible working
- Car allowance