Bought in July 2012 by former Dragon’s Den investor, Theo Paphitis, Robert Dyas has a long and fascinating history spanning over 140 years.
From the innovative to the everyday, you’ll find everything you need for your home & garden, from cleaning solutions and kitchen essentials to the latest DIY gadgets and gardening must-haves.
The extensive selection of products range from some of the world’s most famous brands through to exciting start-ups. The common factor between them all is that their products share the Robert Dyas ethos for being innovative, practical and designed to last.
The 95 stores and Robert Dyas website are supported by a Retail Support Centre in Wimbledon, the Distribution Centre in Hemel Hempstead and the Customer Support Centre in Crewe.Job Purpose
To support the senior buyer / merchandiser in the day to day administrational duties ensuring tasks outlined below are completed to deadlines efficiently and accurately.Job DutiesCategory Admin
- Day to day administration and assisting the smooth running of the category
- Assisting in the building of ranges at the merchandising centre for sign off
- Dealing with price amendments and price discrepancies.
- Chasing internal and external stakeholders for information
- Assist with implementation of promotions/FSDUs including any changes to replenishment parameters
- Raising SOA forms / supplier funding administration
- Competitor shop both in store and online
- Dealing with store queries
- Raising new supplier forms
- Raising new line forms (NLF) and working with suppliers forms to ensure they are timely, accurate and complete
- Manage sample image requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Request product samples
- Set up replenishment parameters (set min, max, velocity code and any store/store group overrides) for new skus, skus going into promotion and skus coming out of promotion
- Raise purchase orders under supervision of the Merchandiser
- Send purchase orders through to supplier and confirm receipt by supplier
- Run PTZ and DTS schedules under supervision of the Merchandiser
- Chase suppliers to book in stock at the Warehouse (WH)
- Update team if there is any delay or problem with suppliers booking in stock
- Follow up with suppliers if supplier is a no-show at WH or short-delivers e.g. need to know why and when it will be resolved
- Key in manual allocation quantities given by the Merchandiser
- One World management - need to chase supplier on any issues that are flagged on the dashboard as critical and flag to Merchandiser as orders come up for approval
- Assist Merchandiser to update trackers and FOB line cards e.g. promotional trackers, web stock tracker, intake/booking tracker and pre-trade for operations
- Support Senior Buyer / Merchandiser in delivering agreed budgets & KPIs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident in communicating and developing relationships with internal and external sources
- Good numeracy skills
- Influencer – both internally and externally
- Passion for product and an interest in retailing.
- A willingness to learn and improve and have a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills