Bought in July 2012 by former Dragan’s Den investor, Theo Paphitis, Robert Dyas has a long and fascinating history spanning over 140 years.
From the innovative to the everyday, you’ll find everything you need for your home & garden, from cleaning solutions and kitchen essentials to the latest DIY gadgets and gardening must-haves.
The extensive selection of products range from some of the world’s most famous brands through to exciting start-ups. The common factor between them all is that their products share the Robert Dyas ethos for being innovative, practical and designed to last.
The 93 stores and Robert Dyas website are supported by a Retail Support Centre in Wimbledon, the Distribution Centre in Hemel Hempstead and the Customer Support Centre in Crewe.Overview
This is a superb opportunity to join our dynamic Management team located within our Hemel Hempstead Distribution Centre (DC). This is a new Role designed to offer first class financial and analytical support to key stakeholders across the operation. Main duties and responsibilities:
- Owning and providing detailed information regarding DC expenditure
- Preparation of budgeting and forecasting information
- Analysing and reporting on key volume trends and variances
- Work with the Management Account to discuss monthly P&L activity and actions
- Providing detailed analytical support for projects
- Providing accurate data in relation to store and Ecom customer returns
- Collate data and report on all DC staff and non staff related costs
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of all DC expenditure
- Advise Managers on daily spend against budget in line with DC intake and throughput volumes.
- Review volumes and provide invaluable support during peak business periods to understand the impact on warehouse Layout and storage capacity.
- Report on both weekly operational and performance KPI’s to assist and support the warehouse operations Manager in managing performance
- Report on DC stock holding and weekly / Monthly / Annual adjustments from product File
- Collate data in regard to returns from High Street Stores and Ecom customers in order to produce accurate accounting streams for each activity.
- Part qualified accountants with a analytical and strategic approach and a high degree of commercial acumen with a strategic outlook
- IT literate with strong Excel skills.
- Strong experience across all aspects of Finance and Data Analysis
- Ability to analyse large quantities of data and present and deliver in its simplest form to the key stakeholders.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver high-quality work to timescale, and the ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- The ability to analyse and interpret data
- Good communication skills
- Work in a methodical and logical way
- High standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive, flexible attitude with a can-do approach to solving problems
- Good Team Player