The Retail Marketing Executive will work with the Retail Marketing Manager to own
the implementation of commercially successful, footfall driving retail campaigns for Robert Dyas.
An enthusiastic and first class project manager, the Retail Marketing Executive will always remain one step ahead with regards to the successful execution of all in store marketing, point of sale, leaflets and catalogues.
- Support the Retail Marketing Manager in implementing all retail marketing campaigns with a particular focus on successful execution of in store marketing, POS and promotional leaflets.
- Support the Retail Marketing Manager in driving supplier funded retail campaigns.
- Develop a retail marketing calendar and critical path with consideration for all aspects of the processes already in place and ensuring all necessary stakeholders are aware of and kept up to date with changes.
- Coordinate and communicate all retail marketing campaigns with the brand, ecommerce, trading, operations and senior management teams.
- Build and maintain retail implementation packs.
- Oversee day to day POS and Publications requirements– dealing with requests from stores, district managers, trading and communications team.
- Conduct store compliance and feedback loops for all retail marketing campaigns, documenting and sharing feedback to all stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of and collate new, fresh exciting POS and Publications ideas on at least a monthly basis and share with the wider business.
- Review processes and improve efficiencies across all aspects of implementing retail marketing campaigns.
- Produce comprehensive print briefs and collation sheets for our marketing agencies.
- Manage store audits and printer stock levels as required.
- Maintain Marketing cost logs, checking against approved cost matrix and concluding any queries efficiently.
- Coordinate the process for ad hoc library ticket price changes.
- Manage all aspects of the POS and Publications process in the Retail Marketing Manager’s absence.
- Support the Retail Marketing Assistant as required.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with the retail, ecommerce, trading, operations and senior management teams.
- Other ad hoc administrative duties to support the team, particularly during holidays and sickness.
- Complete familiarisation and understanding of the ‘Pricing Practices Guide’ where it is applicable to the Robert Dyas business.
- Have an understanding of the Robert Dyas business from a customer’s point of view and have views and opinions on how we can move the retail business forward.
- Can think creatively and ‘outside the box’ to maximise impact of all retail campaigns.
- Have exceptional attention to detail and an impeccable eye for impactful campaigns.
- Are highly articulate in written and verbal communications.
- Are quick, highly organised and efficient in approach to work.
- Have a thorough and disciplined approach to keeping all processes and necessary stakeholders in line and on time.
- Are not afraid to voice constructive opinions, views and ideas to all levels of the business.
- Are happy to challenge existing ways of working and input to ensure smart and efficient deliverables.
- Are friendly, approachable and willing to assist whenever you can.
- Enjoy rolling your sleeves up, being stuck in to a project and ultimately like getting the job done!
- Thrive on prioritising and juggling several jobs at once in a fast paced environment.
- Have a can-do attitude and you’re prepared to go the extra mile to ensure everything you do is of maximum benefit to the marketing team and business.
- Have 2-3 years’ experience working within a retail marketing team.
- Have an excellent understanding of both internal and external point of sale processes.
- Have some knowledge/understanding of publications media and production processes would be advantageous.
- Have an understanding of Gsuite and the programmes within would be advantageous.
- Have a car/UK driving licence would be advantageous – travel to Hemel Hempstead / Dorking may be required.