ROLE: Commercial Analyst
REPORTS TO: Group Analyst
To provide the business with relevant and timely trading data, supporting the decision making process with quantifiable and pragmatic analysis
Main duties and responsibilities
· Produce weekly trading report pack for the business and analysis of sales, margin and stock data to provide an insight into the week’s trading performance
· Provide monthly data to enable senior management team to submit reports for monthly board pack
· Oversee production of quarterly Balanced Scorecards for each store in the chain.
· Analyse marketing activity to determine the effectiveness of campaigns.
· Work with Head of Operations in setting period sales targets for each of the stores in the chain.
· Provide the financial support and challenge in building the sales, margin and stock budgets/forecasts
· Take a proactive role in supporting the Directors, Commercial and Operational teams on trading issues and action required.
· Develop existing reporting to support Trading and Operations departments KPIs
· Provide cover for Boux Analyst within the department.
· You will be a part-qualified accountant or equivalent, with experience gained within Retail
· Degree – ideally in business, management or finance
· High level excel skills
· Analytical mind-set
· Able to demonstrate excellent inter personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business
· High attention to detail
· Possess strong commercial acumen with the ability to identify key drivers and take ownership of issues
· Positive outlook and enthusiasm to develop the role
Note: This job description is a reflection of the current position and may be subject to change in detail or emphasis depending on the future needs of the department or Company.